There are lots of ways you can help the rescue.
• Become a Schnauzer Sitter - without people volunteering their time and care to these little dogs we cannot operate. We always need Schnauzer Sitters (fosterers) in and around the Dublin area. We will provide collar, harness, lead,crate and food (if required) and pay all vet bills, all you need to do is offer a space in your home and heart for a little dog until we find them a forever home. You can opt to be a short term sitter which would be anything from 2 days to 3 weeks or long term which can be anything up to 3 months. We will come and meet with you and talk through what is involved in becoming a Schnauzer sitter. You will have support the whole time the dog is in your care with regular contact from our Foster Coordinator. As many of these dogs are stressed and quite nervous when they come to us we only accept sitters who have no children under 12 years of age living in the home.
• Donate - The rescue is run by volunteers so every cent that comes in goes to looking after the dogs and running the rescue. The volunteers do not receive payment for their work. You can make a one off donation by clicking on the donate button at the bottom of the page or make a monthly donation by clicking on the subscribe button. Monthly donations are so important to us they allow us to plan for dogs coming into our care and know that funds will be there to look after them. If you would like to donate to either of the veterinary practises that look after the rescue’s dogs or donate directly to our bank account please contact us and we can forward you the details.
• Fundraise – You could organise a coffee morning, cake sale or a cocktail evening and donate the proceeds to the rescue. One of our biggest fundraising events of the year is the Women’s Mini Marathon. Come and join us - crawl, walk or run the 10km it’s a really fun day with lots of great women and loads of chat and laughs. Please email us or message us if you’d like to join us and raise funds for the rescue.
• Purchase Vouchers - for any of the large pet shops in Dublin is a fantastic way to help us out. We always need items like puppy pads, collars, leads and dog food and the vouchers allow us to buy the things that each individual dog needs.
• Be our eyes and ears – We do our best to keep in contact with as many of other rescue’s and county pounds in Ireland but in case we miss one and you see a Miniature Schnauzer that needs our help please let us know and we will look into it. If you know of any Miniature Schnauzer owner that needs help rehoming their dog give them our details.
• Spread the word - Tell people about the rescue; let them know there is the option to rescue instead of buying a Miniature Schnauzer.